Tamran L. Amaral
I have been practicing in the area of family law for almost 15 years. I began as a family law paralegal and then became an attorney. I am a certified family law specialist. I work closely with each of my clients and know their cases well. I focus on one area and one county. This gives me the experience necessary to help my clients while also working closely with the same Judges, mediators and court staff on a daily basis.
I understand that divorce, custody battles and even restraining orders are some of the most difficult things that a person may experience in their life. It is during this time that you will need to rely on a stranger to guide you and advise you each and every step of the way. My firm truly understands your stress, we understand your situation, and we attempt to make the process as painless as possible.
While dealing with custody cases my main focus is the child or children. I will keep their needs and best interest a top priority when dealing with our cases. I understand that this process is very difficult and sometimes we may lose focus on what is more important in the long run. I am very open and honest with my clients, what they need to be prepared for and what to expect from the law and their individual case.
Family law is built on unique individualized cases. Every case is different and every client has different needs or wants. We understand this at our firm and we work with you so that we can find a solution that works.
- Humphreys College, Stockton, California
- J.D. - 2012
- University of the Pacific, Stockton, California
- B.S. - 1998
- Major: Business/Accounting
- Delta Gamma
- San Joaquin County Bar Association/Family Law, Secretary, 2017 to Present
- San Joaquin County Bar Association/Womens Lawyer, Member, 2017 to Present
- San Joaquin Legal Center, Board Member, 2018 to Present
Current Employment Position
- San Joaquin Family Law, Associate Attorney, 2014 to 2019
- Humphreys Law School, Adjunct Professor, 2018 to 2020
- Modesto Junior College, Adjunct Professor, 2016 to 2017
- Family Law Paralegal, 2000 to 2010
- Custody 30%
- Divorce 30%
- Support 10%
- Restraining Orders 10%
- Step-Parent Adoption 10%
- Adoption 10%